I want to launch a bunch of web things. I have limited time and a history of limited enthusiasm for solo projects that potentially benefit no one. This poor history is compounded by the fact that my toddler mostly just wants me to watch Moana with her. So I’ve come up with some guidelines to help shape this effort into a succesful one and not join its lemming brothers at the bottoms of various cliffs spread about America.
- Leverage AWS to the point of absurdity
- Limit to 1 unfamiliar technology at a time
- Some sort of reasonable time limit on time to glass for each product (2 weeks?)
- Measure everything in terms of beer (let’s say the going rate is $5 per beer)
- Program more or less properly… eventually
- Document the failures and succeses here’
- Add more rules as they become obviously good ideas